Are your feet summer sandals ready?
- Take a milk bath. Not as ridiculous as it sounds! The lactic acid in the milk will help smooth calluses, so fill a large bowl or tub with equal parts milk and warm water, add a few drops of lavender oil, and soak your feet for five to ten minutes.
- Care for your cuticles. Rub a drop of cuticle oil into each toenail bed and push back any thickened skin with an orangewood stick. Use a coarse-grain emery board to file your nails straight across to prevent ingrowns, and then slightly round the edges.
- Soften your soles. Refill the bowl with clean water, then thoroughly exfoliate both feet with a coarse foot scrub and rinse them clean. Remove calluses on your heels, the balls of your feet, and your toes with a foot file or pumice stone.
- Add some moisture. After rinsing off the scrub, coat your feet and lower legs in a moisturizing foot mask. Let the ingredients sink in for five to ten minutes, then rinse your feet and legs.
- Prepare your nails. Pat your feet dry, then massage in a hydrating foot cream. Wipe the lotion off nails with a nonacetone polish remover pad before slipping in a pair of foam toe separators. Swipe a basecoat from bottom to top of each toenail.
- Paint away. Apply three strips of polish, one up the center, then one on either side. After about two minutes, paint on a second coat, and follow with a topcoat after another two minutes. Let your toes dry for at least an hour.
Top Tip – Nail polish is a great way of tying in a colour into an outfit. Match it back to a bag or accessory that might not be the colours in your clothing. An easy way to pull it all together!
Before you know it, you’ll be ready for these..
Get to pampering those feets!