Welcome to the comprehensive top ten ways to wear the shoe of the moment: brogues. We cherri girls LOVE our brogues. Once you have a pair you will realise the style options made available by their comfort and versatility – and, quite frankly- with all the compliments you will get, you will never want to take them off! If you are new to the brogue thing, or are looking for an update on the multitude of things you can wear with you trusty brogues, here is the cherri girl’s guide to the top 10 ways to style your brogues.
1. Jeans keep it nice, simple and stylish with jeans and brogues. They will go with basically every pair of jeans (even the coloured ones). Skinny, boot cut and baggy. Have some fun but enjoy this default easy combo. Pair with a blazer for chic, a bomber jacket for cool and winter coat and scarf for warmth. Roll up skinny jeans for a chic preppy look.
2. Shorts Fear not the brogue in the warmer weather, it works so well all through the year! Alexa Chung rocks her black brogues with a simple colour scheme and casual hair.
3. Dresses and Skirts Unlike many people believe, brogues are not just reserved for guy inspired style, they also look amazing with girly outfits – adding that perfect blend of dapper to any dress or skirt. We love this polka dot dress for a pretty, summery vibe.
4. Masculine Inspired Comfort and style all rolled into one! Steal some clothes from your boyfriend with loose jeans, chunky knit and a blazer, and add the cherry on top with a pair of brogues. Nonchalant, yet so very cool.
5. Tailored Pants This is a great look to take you from office, to drinks, to lunch and to soirees. Elegant, yet easy to wear and never overdressed, the brogues and pants combo is a must! Get you ankles out for an on trend feel if your game!
6. With Stockings – Brogues rock because you can wear them without socks and stockings (like below) but unlike sandals and some high heels you also get to style them through the cold winters with your tights! Opaque, sheer, patterned or coloured – its all fair game with your brogues.
8. The Statement – Grab yourself a bright pair of brogues, like metallic, patent or white and reap the compliment rewards. Go all out like this floral print blazer and silver combo, with jeans rolled up for maximum punch. We love an all over colour look with statement coloured brogues too!
9. With Socks – For the brave brogue wearers out there, try a pair of patterned socks, either with shorts or the slightly easier with rolled up pants. Cool, striking and a bit more fun than your average ankle freeze! If patterned isn’t your thing, how about knee high socks, baring just a little leg, like Alexa Chung below.
10. Dressed Up The great thing about brogues is their ability to dress up and down. Don’t be afraid of going for the comfortable flat option if you have a nice and dressy occasion. Because you don’t have to wear them with tights or socks, they look beautiful with ladylike dresses for any occasion. Even if you wanted to dress them up with a tailored suit as opposed to a dress! Really – your imagination is the limit with beautifully versatile brogues!
Fancy yourself some brogues now? We thought so! Here are our favourite brogues this season! All available at cherri bellini HERE!